Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Chelsea Buns Recipe



For those who liked the picture I posted previously of the chelsea buns I made, here's how to make your own!
We used our bread maker to prepare the dough, but I'm sure with a bit of mixing and kneading you can do it without a bread maker too. I just love not having to get my hands sticky!!
Setting on bread maker: 'Basic' - 'Dough' (2hr 20min)
Enriched dough recipe: (This is what will go in the bread maker or what you will mix together yourself.)
  • 1/2 tsp yeast
  • 250 g strong white flour
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 25 g butter
  • 1 tbsp milk powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 medium egg
  • 100 ml water
  • Additional ingredients:
  • 15 g butter
  • 100 g mixed dried fruit (I used only raisins)
  • 50 g soft brown sugar
  • 1 tsp mixed spice (I didn't have, but later thought I could have just added some cinnamon.)

Once the dough comes out of the bread maker:
1. Knead the dough lightly and roll out to an oblong 26cm x 20cm.
2. Mix together the mixed dried fruit, soft brown sugar and mixed spice. Brush the dough with melted butter and spread the fruit mixture on top. Roll up from the long edge and cut into 8 - 10 slices. Arrange on a greased baking tray and allow to prove at 40C until doubled in size (approx. 20 min).
3. Bake in preheated oven at 220C for 7 - 15 min or until golden brown.
Allow to cool. Drizzle with glace icing.

For the icing I just mixed some powdered sugar with water. I don't know what the difference would be to using icing sugar and water or what exactly glace icing is supposed to be! Powdered sugar was all I had here so that's what I tried and it was perfect.
                         Now Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment